Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I MADE IT!

It's true, I arrived earlier today in Swansea, Wales. After leaving Denver, I had a short lay over in Cincinnati and then flew into London. Things went very smoothly...but the man in customs did have to give me a gentle reminder to stop looking so nervous...haha my bad! Next, I took about a five hour bus ride here. As the taxi dropped me off in the Student Village (where I will be staying) some other American exchange students offered to take me to get my keys and help carry my bags to my room. They were so nice!

I live in a "flat" with 6 other boys and girls (all from the U.K.) where we all share a kitchen and a bathroom but have our own individual rooms. The roommates that I have met so far are extremely friendly. They even offered my some tea when I arrived!

So far so good...I am so excited to be here!

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so glad you made it safely. I have been thinking about you on the train ride all day with all of your luggage. You rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abigail,
    We're trying to figure this out. This is a test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi abigail!
    how was your day? how are all the rest of your roommates? did you explore the village any? Let me know the scoop!

    ReplyDelete